Posted by :Unknown
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Check Google Listing of this Post?
Email this article to a friend.
visitors read this post


This week I've been heavily focusing here on new work from my next show which opens at the Principle Gallery on June 10th. I was going to move to something other today but as I sat here contemplating what to write about, this piece just completely swallowed my attention, making me forget about anything else. I suppose that's as strong a sign of validation for a piece of work as anything.

This painting has a feeling of total contentment for me. Nirvana. In fact, I call this piece, a 14" by 24" image on illustration board, Serene One.


There's a wondeful golden glow to this piece, a radiance in the surface that I often hope for in my work but seldom feel is completely attained. It's not something that I can produce at will. It just shows itself periodically, a tantalizer, a glimpse of where the work might take me if only I put myself- mind and spirit- completely into it.

This search for this radiance is not unlike the quest and desire for the actual serenity it represents. That may be the greatest benefit of my job as a painter, the fact that it allows me to search for this contentment in my work, the same sort that I seek in myself.

I could say much more about this painting but I think what I've said is enough. This piece is well beyond my words.

This article was originally published in Red Tree Times by GC Myers
redtreetimes | May 27, 2011 at 6:51 am | Tags: Principle Gallery | Categories: Recent Paintings | URL: http://wp.me/pkyRI-1U4








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Leave a Reply

Your opinion on this post is much appreciated.

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Paybookclub Content Box

Get this Free auto refreshing Content Box for your website Now!

If you are looking for free content for your web site, it is right here.To increase your Google Page Rank and page hits, get this free auto updating content box on your page. Just copy and paste this code in your page html and watch your site updating with free and fresh content without you lifting a finger.
<div style="margin: 0 auto; width:100%; height:400px;"> <object type="text/html" data="https://paybookclub-v2.herokuapp.com/timelineOriginal.php" style="width:100%; height:100%; margin:1%;"> </object> </div>
If you want to see how fresh content is generated automatically everytime your page is visited, please download our Paybookclub Cash for Content App and sign up. Then try posting your content on Public Timeline and click the "Monetise" link. You can see how your content will appear on thousands of web pages simultaneously in our content boxes. Dowload and try our free app now!
  • - Copyright © 2013 Lasting Rose -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -

    Real Time Web Analytics